Saturday, November 26, 2011

Venison

the smallest bit of the venison
It took all week to accomplish but it's all in the freezer.  I'm counting it done though the bone broth has a few more hours to simmer.  I had Nate cut the big bones in half.  I am whipped but happy it's done!
the boys always enjoy reading
baby playing with vintage toy
Entertained 3/5 of the kids, as well as a son in law and 3 grandsons and of course Nate for Thanksgiving.  Nice peaceful day though we cooked/prepared all day.  House was tolerable for the kids, not unsafe, though I kept a good eye on the baby walking near the cookstove.
Nothing else really getting done, especially off my list.  Did buy a gift for my kid to give his sweetie (since he's deployed) and got a gift for Nate for his birthday.  Also researched a replacement KitchenAid mixer as mine is grumbly.  Nate wants to fix it again and I haven't mentioned that it didn't grind the meat....thank goodness my daughter brought hers down for a short term borrow.
Eh, I am quite boring.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I wanted to return the blog visit and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on mine. We are finally getting our wood cookstove installed (it's been in storage for the past year!), so I was interested in yours. I cooked on one a couple decades ago, but figure I won't remember a thing! Looks like you're accomplishing some good things.

    ReplyDelete