Saturday, November 19, 2011

Chicken and soap

Since Sunday I've had 2 chickens cooked and in the refrigerator.  I can't tell you why this has bothered me so much, nor what the hold up was in getting them de-boned and rejoined with the excellent nutritious broth.  Today I gave the broth to the animals (painful but though it didn't smell bad I was not completely confident that it was okay) and boned the chicken (which was half frozen on the top shelf of the fridge - a malfunction that worked for my benefit).  It took so little time.  I hate it when little things plug up the works.  Getting that item done made it so that I finally made a couple of batches of soap.  That's been on my to do list for a couple years, and I am very nearly out of laundry soap so the timing is good. 
I used both sheep and deer tallow of which I have plenty.  Completing a plan that has been in process for so long is particularly nice.  My older son got 2 deer today (first day of gun season) so I'll be adding more fat to my stockpile probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment